If you are pregnant and are aspiring for a healthy, smart and intelligent baby then it is important that you master the mantras that need to be chanted through your pregnancy.
There is a scientific logic to this practice, considering that the ancient Vedic science has concluded that every month of your pregnancy will be guided and controlled by a particular planet.
What makes it all the more fascinating is the fact that just as there are nine planets in the solar system, there are nine months of pregnancy.
Although this is no substitute for healthcare monitoring; this is what you could adopt month on month during your pregnancy:
# Month 1
The first month of pregnancy is the most important and governed by the planet Venus. If the mother has a weak Venus it could stop the pregnancy.
On the contrary Venus can be strengthened:
• The mother and father should work like a team to clean the house and place of worship within the house.
• If you do not suffer from Diabetes then ensure that you eat plenty of fennel and Rock Sugar
• Keep the spice content of your diet low
# Month 2
The second month of pregnancy is governed by planet Mars. This controls the formation of bones and bloods in the new born. Thus it is not surprising that mothers with a strong Venus invariably give birth to strong, fearless and beautiful children.
If you would like to strengthen the presence of Mars then:
• Avoid eating spicy food
• Donate Jaggery
• Wear a copper bracelet in your right hand
• Avoid wearing red clothes
# Month 3
The third month of pregnancy belongs to planet Jupiter. Thus logically when the planet has a positive presence during the third month of pregnancy you will give birth to an intelligent, obedient and beautiful child with a flawless skin texture.
If you would like to strengthen your Jupiter then you could adopt one or more of these:
• Read and discuss Science and Literature during this month
• Avoid eating Turmeric Powder,little bit can be added.
# Month 4
The fourth month of pregnancy belongs to the Sun. The sun is important for the virtue of righteousness and evolution of the soul. The child is invariably born with a strong face cut and excels in Mathematics and Philosophy.
If you would like to give birth to a child who will achieve fame through his speech and values then you could adopt some or more of these options:
• In the morning face the sun and pay tribute by reciting the Gayatri Mantra
• Practice some particular form of art.
• Drink plenty of water from a copper glass .
• Avoid eating acidic food.
# Month 5
This is invariably considered as the month of the Moon. If you have a strong Moon then your child will be born with a strong and balanced emotional quotient.
What makes all the more encouraging is the fact that your new born will grow into a happy child and a scientifically oriented adult.
You can strengthen the presence of the Moon in your biosphere by adopting one or more of these:
• Discuss scientific writings and literary works during the month
• Avoid refrigerated water
• Drink water from a silver glass
• Wear a silver ring in your ring finger
• Drink milk twice a day fortified with ghee and sugar
• Chant Om Namah Shivaya” or Mahamrtiyunjay Mantra.
# Month 6
The sixth month of pregnancy is the month of Saturn. This is an important month as the planet in this month will determine the development of the Nervous System of your baby.
A weak Saturn could result in breathing difficulties in your child. Some of the most effective measures which could help strengthen your Saturn:
• Wear an Iron bracelet or ring
• You must not be deficient in Iron or suffer from Iron Deficiency Anaemia during this month. Thus it is recommended that you eat Iron rich food during this period
• Five Peepal trees should be planted by the husband and the wife
• Recite the Gayatri and Maha Mrityunjay Mantra or Om Namah Shivaya Mantra daily
# Month 7
The seventh month of pregnancy is governed by the Planet Mercury. If you looking for a smart, intelligent and mentally active child then you will need to ensure that you strengthen your Mercury.
This is best achieved by adopting some or more of these:
• Recite the ‘Om Japa’
• Study Maths during this period
• The Iron Bracelet or Ring should be removed
• Avoid heavy foods and consume plenty of fluids after sunset
• Avoid getting constipation by drinking plenty of water and laxative fruits like Papaya
# Month 8
This month belongs to your family deity. So all that you have to do is to pray and worship your family deity.
# Month 9
This is the final month of your pregnancy and belongs to the Moon. The countermeasures that you adopt during this month will need to be practiced by both you as well as your husband:
- Chant Shiv Mantras – Om Namah Shivaya or Mahamrtiyunjay Mantra and Om Brum as often as you can.
• Repeat the same mantras in the evening mentally
• Wear only light pastel colours like white, cream and yellow.
Finally if the mother begins to get sick immediately after the delivery and presents with low energy levels or mental restlessness then the preferred option is to:
• Chant the mantra “Om Narayan Namo Namah” or “Om Hring Namah“ using the beads of Kamalgatta.
Thus it could well be surmised that although chanting of mantras cannot substitute medical monitoring and intervention; it can definitely shape the future of your child and ensure your well being before and after childbirth.