Get Set Ready for Hospital
Are you moving into the final weeks of pregnancy and worried on forgetting those pretty little yet essential things to pack that will be needed during and after your baby’s birth?
Relax and take a deep breath as this article is definitely going to help you labour packing plans! Taking even the slightest of tension can induce a high blood pressure, so just take a chill pill to keep a check on your blood pressure levels.
To begin with, start with the choice of the right piece of labour bag that fits as per the things you plan to carry. You can find multiple choices both online and offline, in case you aren’t comfortable walking in the markets. The selection of the right labour bag half completes your task of planning the checklist of things for and during your labour.
For any of the deliveries in the hospital, packing your bag at least 3 weeks prior to the due date is recommended, as you never know how soon it’s coming. Choose even the silliest and the minutest things to include in your checklist. This will help you keep everything at one place during and after your labour time. Its better to be planned than to feel the hustle bustle later.
Lets checkout these below mentioned essential things to pack in your labour bag for labour needs, once you are in the hospital. You may later add or reduce the things as per your needs from the following lists:-
1. A suitable bag
– Carry a bag that has got several compartments. This will help you arrange things in a systematic manner. Make sure that the bag is not too small or too large. This will help you accommodate things in a better way and will be easy to carry too.
2. Soft cotton nighties
– Buy nighties that open from the front. These nighties will not only help you feed your baby but will also be easy to wear. Get them much before time and pack in your bag.
3. Extra under wears and good quality extra-absorbent Pads
– These items are highly essential when you are getting admitted for delivery to the hospital. These items will keep a check on your period flow, after the delivery. You can pack lidocaine spray or witch hazel pads for a relief against the pain of tearing.
4. Baby Stuff –
Once your little one is born, you will require baby nappies, baby pillow, baby wipes, sipper, etc. Hence, it is better to pack them in your labour bag. You should even carry a camera with you! This will help you capture some of the greatest photos of the first look of your little angel. These pics will help you recall the beautiful moments of the birth of your baby!
5.Camera with fresh batteries!
– Capture some of the greatest photos of the first look of your little angel with this.
6. Nursing or maternity bras
– These bras, with no underwire support go as the must have essential for your labour ready bag. Check out the most recommended picks for nursing essential bras and other essential elements. Don’t forget to have a look at the tips to prevent and treat your sore nipples too.
7. Toiletries and other personal items
– These items become a must, when you are at the hospital for hygiene reasons. Carry everything right from the —lip balm, hairbrush, toothpaste, toothbrush, face wash, deodorant, makeup, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, contact lens case and solution, but, only in the travel-sized pack.Do not forget to carry your sliper.
8. Pair of socks
– At least 2-3 pairs of warm, non-skidding socks are needed for walking in the halls both before and after the labour schedules.
– You may require coins for feeding the vending machines for those coffee cups and snacks. Having your own coins will help you fetch any item of your choice at any required time.
10. Books and iPod –
These items are essential to include as they help you stay relaxed in those tension filled moments.
Come,Let’s communicate the good news
Cell phone with charger and the contact details of the people
– Another items in our list include your phone and charger as they can be used to communicate the good news. Carry them in your labour bag.
Carry all these essential carriage commodities in the specially designed multi-pocketed carriage units of your labour bag to make the least effort for finding the right need at the right time.