In today’s time most of the couples want to have children, but with proper planning. To circumvent unwanted pregnancy, many ladies use various types of contraceptives pills and other synthetic methods which have very adverse effects on the body. In order to prevent your body from these adverse side effects, there are a number of remedies to prevent pregnancy naturally that are very helpful. These natural remedies don’t have harmful side effects like that various market available contraceptives do. To be very aware, none of these methods are 100% effective, they all are just preventive in nature. So, it’s always better to practice safe sex as much as you can. There’s very little research to back up those claims or about how efficiently they work.
How to Avoid Pregnancy in Natural Way at Home
Sometimes we might fail to prevent pregnancy even with the most careful precautions. Whether it is due to product or human failure, there is nothing more outrageous than having the contraception failed. When you are not ready to have a child, the thought of getting symptoms of pregnancy is pretty alarming and tensed.
There are some methods and ways of preventing pregnancy, which go hand-in-hand with medical sciences and the human body also. Some of them are as follows:-
- Practice the Start-Stop Process- Your male partner can make sure of not to ejaculate semen inside his partner’s body. This process of doing requires practice, and there is also a risk that sperm might somehow enter the vagina. Therefore, before going for this method, you can along with this use some other contraceptive methods.
- Do Sex Only During Safe Period: This method gives you an added layer of protection if you already have some or other kind of protection or contraception in place. You can neglect the ovulation days, which usually comes two weeks before the menstrual bleeding starts. You can also consult a fertility expert before going for this method of protection. The fertility expert will keep track of your ovulation days and timely manage your intercourse days accordingly.
- Keep a Record Of Your Basal Body Temperature: Once your menstrual bleeding of the monthly cycle ends you can start tracking your basal body temperature. When the time of ovulation begins, your temperature of the body starts to rise and reaches peaks on the day of ovulation. You can avoid sex if you neglect sex during this period of your monthly cycle.
- Look Out For Cervical Discharge: Naturally, a women’s body produces a transparent, jelly-like discharge in the days which lead up to ovulation. Avoiding or Abstaining from sex during this time period can pregnancy.
Some More Natural Methods of Preventing Pregnancy
There is no scientifically proven fact of 100% efficacy of these contraceptives methods. But yet, they are considered to be very useful in the prevention of unwanted pregnancy.
- Papaya (Papita- There is a belief that if you have unsafe intercourse, having papaya twice a day for the next 3-4 days. Doing this may decrease the chances of your unwanted pregnancy. Some others also believe that when the fruit is consumed by the male partner, it can also lead to reduced sperm count.
- Ginger(Adrakh) – Ginger because of some there hot natural property is believed to induce a period and prevent pregnancy also. For the consumption of ginger you need to first grate the ginger, boiled it in a cup of water for up to five minutes or so, then strained it and consumed twice a day. However, this home-based remedy also does not guarantee you 100% results.
- Apricot (Khubani) – Apricot is believed to prevent pregnancy in a natural way. It is quite a traditional belief that consuming about 100 gms of dried apricots by boiling it in a cup of water with 2 tablespoons of honey can prevent pregnancy. This concoction may be a great choice for a beverage, but it may not work to prevent pregnancy with full assurance.
- Dried Figs (Anjeer) – Considering the benefit of consuming fig leads to an increase in blood circulation, No scientific study proves that eating dried figs after having unsafe intercourse can help to prevent pregnancy. Also, excessive eating of dried figs can upset your stomach.
- Juniper Berries (Kala Jamun)-Juniper Berries are also in the list of natural remedies that many believe can help prevent pregnancy. You can have the fruit when it is in season, but in no or other way is a natural contraceptives method to avoid pregnancy.
- Cinnamon (Dalchini)-Cinnamon, as we all know, is a great spice that adds flavor to foods, but it is also a belief that it stimulates the uterus, and causes miscarriage. Once again to be reminded that there is no evidence or no scientific proof that it can prevent pregnancies, cause a miscarriage, and can be used as a birth control method.
- Asafoetida (Hing) –There is a midwives tale that drinking 1/4th teaspoon of asafoetida mixed with water can avoid pregnancy. We strictly neglect such type of method to be used as an option to prevent pregnancy because there is no scientific relevance that supports such kind of methods to be useful.
- Neem –There is another traditionally acknowledge theory that suggests by injecting neem oil into the uterus can kill sperm or taking neem tablets to promote temporary sterility in men. Again these all are old mid-wives tales which we don’t recommend you as an option to be taken to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
- Parsley (Ajamod) – Among many other methods, this is also to be one among them that is considered to believe to be an effective home remedy to prevent pregnancy. However, no studies or scientific document has proven that it is a mild herb.
- Pineapple – Some suggest that properties of pineapple can help to prevent pregnancy, eating an unripe pineapple every day for 2-3 days after sex can prevent a woman to conceive a child. Again, no study supports this myth, rather you enjoy pineapple as a delicious fruit in moderate quantity.
- Wild Yam (Ratalu) – Consuming a wild yam twice a day regularly without gap for one or two months is also believed to work as a birth control remedy. But, it is just a belief and has no medical proof or scientific evidence that it can prevent a pregnancy.
- Buckwheat (Kuttu) – Some suggest that the rutin in buckwheat is believed to prevent implantation. But medical science doesn’t find any relevance of it and not support this myth.
- Indian (Turnip) – Another home-based remedy to circumvent pregnancy is to mix a teaspoon of the dried and powdered root and mix it with half a cup of cold water. It also not a proven remedy, so do not expect high results from it.
Keep The Following Directions in Mind While Using Natural Contraceptives
There are some little things you need to keep in mind when you use any of the above home remedies:
- If you are looking for a more useful and effective way to avoid pregnancy and are considering any one of the above methods on a long-run basis, you must consult a gynecologist first. This helps you to take the decision very carefully because after all, it is all about how your body reacts upon intake of these remedies.
- Many of the foods and herbs listed above are neither 100% effective nor safe from various side effects. Some carry risks that may prove to be harmful and put you in serious complications in the future.
- Make sure you eat healthily and in the right manner while taking any birth control measures. When you eat healthy, your body’s immune system responds in a positive way.
- And if you experience any abnormal health effects due to the intake of these remedies, stop taking it. You can also consult with your gynecologist immediately. Never neglect symptoms that unease you because it affects your health in a negative way.
As mentioned in the starting of the article, the home-based remedies to prevent pregnancy are not as effective as condoms contraceptives pills, or other medical contraceptive devices.
To prevent unwanted pregnancy always consider safe sex as the best option. Always consult your doctor so that you can initiate without anxiety or fear. It is better to be aware of your health as any adverse effect can cause irreparable damage to your health. After all, prevention is always better than cure.