Pregnancy is the greatest gift from God which brings a lot of happiness to the family. But it comes with a lot of discomforts, health issues, pain, etc. Morning Sickness is one of the common symptoms of pregnancy which causes discomfort at any time of the day. Within the first trimester of pregnancy morning sickness occurs and is considered as the sign that a woman is pregnant.
What are the Possible Causes of Morning Sickness?
There is no such one cause for morning sickness during pregnancy, it usually varies among the women. During the first week of pregnancy the hormonal level increases which are very common and may cause morning sickness. Reduced blood sugar is also a common cause of morning sickness. The other factors such as excessive fatigue, frequent traveling, and emotional stress, having twins or triplets may also cause morning sickness. When you had experienced morning sickness during the first pregnancy then in future pregnancy it might be mild.
Complications of Morning Sickness
Many pregnant women experience nausea and vomiting which may cause loss of appetite. Some women think it might harm their babies but generally, morning sickness is not harmful. Women who are experiencing symptoms of morning sickness during their first 3 to 4 months may counsel with their doctor. Some women experience severe vomiting and weight loss which is known as hyperemesis gravidarum. It causes electrolyte imbalance and weight loss and should be treated immediately.
You need to call your healthcare professional if you are experiencing:-
- Weight loss of 2 pounds or more,
- Fast or irregular heartbeat,
- Severe nausea in the second trimester,
- Frequent headache,
- Abdominal pain
- Infrequent urination,
- Blood in vomit, etc.
What are the Possible Symptoms of Morning Sickness?
As the name suggests, morning sickness remains at a peak during the day and gradually decreases. The very common symptoms of morning sickness are as follows:-
- Low Potassium level,
- Less discharge of urine,
Researchers say that pregnant women usually experience either vomiting or nausea, experiencing both is quite rare.
Follow the Tips to Avoid Morning Sickness
Here are the tips on how to avoid morning sickness in early pregnancy:-
- Take Adequate Rest- Pregnant women must take proper rest because this will help you avoid stress which is the main cause of encouraging nausea and vomiting. Better you take a break from your work and spend quality time with your family.
- Increase Water Intake- Drinking water during pregnancy helps you prevent dehydration in your body. This will also help you avoid vomit tendency in your first trimester.
- Eat Healthy- Pregnant women must take a balanced diet and light food that can easily be digested. You should prefer high protein food at regular intervals to keep your baby healthy.
- Ginger Effect – Ginger does wonder to the body and is a priceless remedy to treat various health issues. Vomiting can also be avoided if you take it in foods and beverages.
- Wear Light Clothes – Make sure that you wear comfortable clothes so that you could feel relaxed.
These tips can surely help you to take good care of your health and you will be able to avoid morning sickness. You can surely lessen the chances of morning sickness but if the symptoms occur and exist for a long time then you need to counsel your doctor.